As with your application, once your interview has been completed, feedback on your interview assessment and application status will be available. This will take place in the following stages.
Appointability status and ranking
Once all scores for your specialty's interviews have been confirmed and uploaded to Oriel, you will be emailed by the Physician Specialty Recruitment Office with the following information:
- Whether or not you have been deemed appointable and can be in consideration for an offer.
- Notification that feedback regarding your interview performance has been released to your Oriel account; this will include your:
- scores for each of the interview questions
- 'raw' interview score
- total score used for ranking
- ranking, for those who are appointable.
Those meeting the appointability criteria and who are still in contention for the specialty will subsequently be contacted by the region managing the specialty with the outcome of the first round of offers, this will either be:
you will be made an offer in accordance with your rank and preferences
you will be notified that you are appointable but cannot be offered one of your programme preferences at that stage and so have been placed on the reserve list should candidates ranked higher reject their offer.
The timing of offers is determined by the lead region for each specialty, the offers section of the website has more detail about this stage.
At a later stage there are two further areas of feedback that will be released; the timing will be noted in the outcome of interviews email:
- A graph detailing the distribution of scores for each specialty will be published under the 'data' tab in the relevant specialty's page. This will include average scores and the ratio of appointable candidates. Data for previous years can also be viewed.
- Feedback of the interviewer comments from your interview will be emailed to all interviewed candidates; the anticipated timing of this will be included on the timeline for the round. There is no need to request this feedback. Interviewers will be using tablets to score candidates and make notes and so this will be a word for word transcription of the comments written by each one.